Makes 3-4 servings.
10 minute prep time.
15-20 minute cook time.
The classic kid meal. And quite honestly, my favourite plate since before I had a kid!
It’s a staple for many households from the frozen foods section of the nearest grocery store. Thing is, those frozen products have many chemicals, fillers, and even artificial colours mixed in. Unnecessary toxins for our bodies to process.
It takes about 30 minutes to make this meal from scratch.
Homemade Tofu Tenders:
- 1 350g block extra firm tofu
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs + 2 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut (place in blender or food processor and pulse until a finer flour forms)
Homemade French Fries:
- 2 large russet or Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tsp. avocado or olive oil
- Garlic and paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut tofu block into 16 small strips. Toss first in the flour, then the soy milk, and finally coat in the panko-coconut mixture. Place prepared tenders onto the baking sheet.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into fries. The thicker the cuts, the longer the baking time, so aim for ¼-½ inch thickness. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the tenders and fries for 18-20 minutes, until fork tender and crispy.
Note: don’t forget your veggies! Balance out your plate with steamed broccoli or chopped raw veggies like peppers or cucumber.