Makes a 24-oz smoothie.
5 minute prep time.
6 plant points.
This smoothie was how I first started giving leafy greens to my daughter, but it quickly became a weekly staple! She is old enough now to help make them, and loves to add the spinach and seeds to the blender cups. This way she can see what she is eating, even though the veggies are “hidden” in the end result.
It’s a great way to get in some foods I don’t particularly like to eat, but add nutritional value and creaminess to the smoothie (cauliflower and avocado). The spinach is what gives it its vibrant colour, yet all you get flavour-wise is sweet bananas and mango!
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened soy milk
- Ice for desired thickness
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice to thicken, add more milk to thin – adjusting to preferred thickness.
Tip: to keep the remainder of your avocado fresh in the fridge, lightly rub the open flesh with lemon juice, keep the pit intact, and seal it in a beeswax wrap.