Makes 2 large bowls.
10 minute prep time.
This recipe is a Chopped Leaf copycat. I love recreating our favourite restaurant / takeout items at home, mainly because, it’s cheaper!
I simply noted the whole food ingredients from the bowl at the restaurant, and found a dressing recipe online. I cannot take credit for the dressing, but I never recorded which website it was from, so full transparency and thank you to the creator for sharing this greatness!
It’s a comforting, whole food, winter comfort or summer fresh salad. So simple and nourishing.
- 3 cups chopped spinach and/or kale
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried (alternatively used 1 1/2 cups cooked beans if you prepare from dried)
- 3/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- Goddess Dressing:
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp. water
- ½ tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ clove garlic, minced (1/4 tsp)
- ½ tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until combined.
- Divide remaining ingredients (spinach to cranberries) into two bowls. Toss with dressing.
Tip: it can be hard to find fresh herbs in wintertime, but they really do make a difference in this recipe. I like to freeze herbs fresh between sheets of paper towel in an air tight baggie. For a blended dressing, you can’t tell the difference!
Plant Points: 6.
One thought on “Goddess Bowl”