Makes a 24-oz smoothie.
5 minute prep time.
Berries are an incredible natural energy food. I love to consume them either first thing in the morning, or mid-afternoon when I need a pick-me-up. This smoothie is one of my favourite ways to get a powerful dose of anthocyanins, which are rich antioxidants found in blue, purple, and red plants. More antioxidants means more cell repair, energy, and overall wellness!
- 1 cup fresh spinach or kale
- ¼ cup frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
- 1 tsp. chia or flax seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 cup organic, unsweetened soy or oat milk
- Ice for desired thickness
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice to thicken, add more milk to thin – adjusting to preferred thickness.
Beets are also a sneaky, tasteless add to boost the anthocyanins, veggies, and fiber content of this smoothie. I don’t love eating beets – they taste like dirt – but I do love adding a beet puree cube to this smoothie for extra nutrients!
Plant Points: 7.