These are the fluffiest whole grain pancakes I’ve ever had the pleasure of enjoying. They take a little extra time to prep and cook, but well worth the effort. I often make these as meal prep and freeze, then just thaw in the toaster! Pair with some vegan sausage (Big Mountain Foods Superfood Brekkie Links are our favourite) and hashbrowns with veggies for a delicious breakfast-for-dinner!
- ¾ cup sourdough starter (active or discard)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups soy milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- Whisk together sourdough starter, flour, applesauce, vanilla, milk, and maple syrup. Let sit for 30-90 minutes.
- Stir in baking soda, powder, salt, and blueberries.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and drop batter by ⅓ cup. Cook about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with maple syrup and/or coconut whip cream.
One thought on “Sourdough Blueberry Pancakes”