I became addicted to this easy salad when I went on maternity leave with our first daughter.
Something I’ve learned is keeping a tub of organic spring mix and cooked whole grains in the fridge makes it very easy to whip up a healthy lunch or dinner in minimal time. This is my go-to for a balanced bowl!
To make salad, assemble together:
- 1 cup organic spring mix
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies of choice, I use carrot, cucumber, radishes, and/or tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp. pecans or almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp. dried cranberries
- Protein of choice – great with crispy chickpeas, tofu bites, or veggie burger patties
- Balsamic Maple Dressing (see below) OR 1.5 tbsp each olive oil + an infused balsamic vinegar
- A spoonful of sauerkraut
- Green onions to garnish
To make dressing, whisk together:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
Makes 1 large salad to enjoy!