Fall is fast approaching, but I’ve got a couple more great summer recipes to share before we get there!
I love this recipe as a quick and light lunch or dinner. It’s crisp, fresh, with just the right amount of spicy kick.
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (I love to use Epicure’s Buffalo Wing mix) + 2 tbsp for extra drizzle
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 4-5 brussel sprouts, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Coleslaw dressing:
- 2 tbsp. vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp. plain plant-based yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- Pinch of salt
- Living (Boston) lettuce
- Vegan cheddar cheese, for garnish (I use Violife shreds)
- Squeeze excess water out of tofu by wrapping it in a tea towel and gently pressing with your hands. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Place tofu into a dish with buffalo sauce and toss to coat. Let sit for at least an hour before cooking for flavour to absorb.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coleslaw by tossing together cabbage, brussels, carrot, and scallions. Whisk together dressing and toss to coat. Keep in fridge until assembly.
- Remove leaves from the head of lettuce, gently to ensure they do not rip. Wash thoroughly and pat to dry. Set aside.
- Once tofu has been marinated, gently toss in panko crumbs. I prefer to blitz my crumbs in my Ninja style bullet blender to get a finer flour-type consistency for this recipe to ensure it sticks. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350*F for about 15-20 minutes, until crispy.
- For assembly: place lettuce leaves on a larger plate. Add a couple spoonfuls of coleslaw. Top with 3-4 pieces of tofu. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and drizzle with a little extra sauce. Be careful not to overfill as lettuce can be delicate. Bring a fork for clean up!
Serve these delicious lettuce wraps with a side of homemade fries!